L5R Figurines



Privateer Press currently produces a limited edition L5R figure every month. This usually arrives in the U.S at the end of the first week of the month and in the UK in the last (or first of the next month).

Now I am no painting Maestro (Jack of many trades and master of apparently bugger all). But for those who have not collected yet I though a brief post on the figures painted so far might be slightly useful.

Bases are not done yet (as will be blatantly obvious). Plus I missed the first so no Yokuni.

Anyway lets start with the free Naga that comes with the subscription.

She was actually a pleasure to paint mainly as the scales lent themselves to inking and dry brushing..



Next up we have the Lion Matsu Tsuko



Less inks and more 'bling' though rather than make her very gold I decided on a bronzer look for the base armour with more shiny bling.

 
After this was the Crab Hida Tomatsu (or something like that, you remember she splattered herself killing an Oni in one of the first stories). Looking at the pictures I should really straighten the hammer.




Finally (so far) we have Daidoji Uji himself. For him I avoided much decoration and mainly used an iron coat with liberal blue inks to add the blue sheen. The piece is detailed enough to cope well with that.





So there we have it. They will all be used eventually in my L5R roleplay campaign but I must admit that it is a pleasure to paint these as the sculptures are lovely. Looking foward to more (and perhaps some courtiers)

Comments

Popular Posts